1. Vehicle is considered a Golf Cart / Under Speed Vehicle as defined by law. (ORC 4501.01)
2. Requires a valid license for ANY operation of a MOTOR VEHICLE on public or private property.
3. Must show proof of insurance on said golf cart.
4. Must be equipped with rear taillights (only one is required).
5. Must have light to illuminate license plate & make license plate legible from a distance.
6. Must have working brake lights (minimum of two required).
7. Must have two working headlights.
8. Must have a horn audible from 200 feet under normal conditions.
9. Must be equipped with a mirror so mounted to have a view to the rear.
10. Must have a windshield (safety glass required).
11. Must have directional signals.
· The inspection verifies the vehicle is properly equipped to be used on roadways of 25mph or less.
· It is the owner's responsibility to find out where the vehicle is allowed to be driven in each jurisdiction.
· If USVs (Under Speed Vehicles) are operated only on private property roads, the operational equipment and registration requirements generally would not apply. All USVs operated on public streets, public highways, or state property are subject to inspection by OAC 4501:2-1 through 4501:2:1-21.
· Operation of USVs on public streets, public highways, or state property is governed under 4511.215 and 4513 of the Ohio Revised Traffic Codes and it is the owners or operators’ responsibility to know the speed laws and vehicle equipment laws governing the operation of the vehicle on any public streets, public highways, or state property.
· No side by sides or ATVs.